Busy life - little blogging


OK - so I'm not yet an avid "blogger". I'll get there eventually. I've finally managed to finish 3 months of Bead Journal Project pieces.

September was my answer to two challenges: the first being BJP and the second being freeSpirit Artisans October challenge which was colour. For the FSA piece we drew crayons from a bag and that was the colour we had to work with. Fortunately for me, the colour was blue which was my favourite colour as a kid. Anyway, as I mentioned before September for me is a time of Reflection which is the name of this piece.

'Reflection means a number of things to me: the time spent in reviewing where I am in my life and where I'd like to be and also what I see in the mirror at different times. So it's a good title.

October was focussed on going down to the Crowsnest Mountain area for a shamanic workshop. I really love this area of Alberta and the mountain itself calls to me. I figured since it figured so largely in October for me that it would be the focus for October's Project.

The image comes from a picture I took in July. I was taking pictures of small wild flowers with the mountain in the background. This shot turned out to be my favourite one. I've travelled down to the Crowsnest area a number of times of the past year and the mountain always figures in some of the shots I've taken.

And finally, the piece for November. This piece is entitled 'Mental Confusion'. The image as a whole represents my thought processes. Every thought or idea should have a place where it can sit and organize itself. Somehow though in November it felt like thoughts kept creeping into other thoughts and I just couldn't seem to stay focussed.

This piece totally reflects that thought. Each colour of bead represents an idea that somehow manages to break outside it's box and spill into other areas.

I've also figured out what I want to do for December, January and probably March although it's not over yet. I just can't seem to wrap my head around February. Oh, something to work on.

Cheers!!!

Comments

soe said…
November is so meaningfull. Beautifull! I really like the journaling aspect of your pages.
soe
Robin said…
Wow, Mary! These are fabulous! I love the contrast between the mountain-engendered calm and the stress(?)-induced mental confusion.. and "Reflections" totally speaks to me, blue being a perfect color for the subject. You manage to combine simplicity and complexity in each piece... Love them!!!! Thanks so much for posting them... looking forward to more! Robin A.

PS My husband and I motorcycle the backroads of BC and Alberta, but have never been to Crowsnest Mt. It's now officially on the list, thanks to you.
KV said…
Marvelous pieces, Mary!


Kathy V in NM
KV said…
Marvelous pieces, Mary!


Kathy V in NM
pam T said…
WOW! these pages are all fantastic! love them, especially November! I know the mental confusion thing SO well....
heidibeads said…
I think my favorite is Reflections, I like the other two but I'm in love with the face. November seems crazy and I can see the stress in it. All three pages are really well done! Can't wait to see what's next. Everything has been captured so well.

Popular posts from this blog

January's bead project

Marking Time

When I grow up ...